Timeline by Michael Crichton, Nov 1999
Author: Michael Crichton
Condition: Used, Acceptable, no dust jacket, minor wear on edges, no markings
Photos are of the actual copy being sold
Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf
Edition: First Trade Edition
ISBN 10: 0-679-44481-5
Print Length: 464 pages
Weight: 772 g
Dimensions: 25 x 17 x 3.5 cm
-------- D E S C R I P T I O N ---------
In an Arizona desert, a man wanders in a daze, speaking words that make no sense. Within twenty-four hours he is dead, his body swiftly cremated by his only known associates. Halfway around the world, archaeologists make a shocking discovery at a medieval site. Suddenly they are swept off to the headquarters of a secretive multinational corporation that has developed an astounding technology. Now this group is about to get a chance not to study the past but to enter it. And with history opened up to the present, the dead awakened to the living, these men and women will soon find themselves fighting for their very survival -- six hundred years ago.
-------- ABOUT THE AUTHOR ---------
Michael Crichton (1942-2008) was one of the most successful novelists of his generation, admired for his meticulous scientific research and fast-paced narrative. He graduated summa cum laude and earned his MD from Harvard Medical School in 1969. His first novel, Odds On (1966), was written under the pseudonym John Lange and was followed by seven more Lange novels. He also wrote as Michael Douglas and Jeffery Hudson. His novel A Case of Need won the Edgar Award in 1969. Popular throughout the world, he has sold more than 200 million books. His novels have been translated into thirty-eight languages, and thirteen have been made into films.
Michael Crichton died of lymphoma in 2008. He was 66 years old.
- <<< ------------------------------------------ >>> -
If you have any questions, just ask. :-)
I'm convo friendly.
Back to the shop:
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
1. INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
2. WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION & HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
3. INFORMATION SHARING & DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers: I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers: If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws: I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU: I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete: You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object: You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
5. HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Gail Spirito, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you may convo me at www.BookfellStudio.etsy.com
Bookfell Studio offers notebook inserts in the following sizes:
(measurements are width x height for inserts when closed)
- A5 ................ (5.8 x 8.25 inches)
- Cahier .......... (5 x 8.25 inches)
- Standard ...... (4.33 x 8.25 inches)
- B6 ................ (4.9 x 6.9 inches)
- B6 Slim .........(4.25 x 6.9 inches)
- Personal ...... (3.75 x 6.75 inches)
- A6 .................(4.1 x 5.8 inches)
- Field Notes ... (3.5 x 5.5 inches)
- Passport ...... (3.5 x 4.88 inches)
- Micro/A7 .......(2.90 x 4.10 inches)
- Nano .............(2.50 x 3.75 inches)
- Next business day for Quick Ship items
- Within 10 business days for all other 'made to order' items.
COVID19 is currently affecting all postal carriers around the world.
Canada Post and USPS are no exception. Although our postal carriers are considered essential services, they are now burdened with additional safety procedures and protocols. Please be patient with them as they do their best to deliver our mail at this time of crisis and realize that delays may occur.
Under normal circumstances, delivery to the U.S.A usually takes 5-10 business days (1-2 weeks). However, these are not normal times. Please allow sufficient time for your order to arrive to you.
All shipments are posted as soon as possible.
Canada Post is not accepting delivery to some countries at this time.
Contact me if you are concerned about your order
The sizes are listed below:
- grid...............5 mm / 0.195 inch
- dot grid.........5 mm / 0.195 inch
- heart grid......5 mm / 0.195 inch
- lined..............6.5 mm / 0.25 inch
Most often, Bookfell Studio ships via the following, depending on the size of the order and the destination:
- Canada Post Small Packet Air (with tracking)
- Canada Post Letter Mail (without tracking)
- USPS First Class Package (with tracking)
Feel free to contact me if you have additional questions.
Yes, absolutely. Bookfell Studio is committed to ensuring that your order arrives safely to you. Your order will be wrapped with care, and layered with weatherproof, recyclable materials.
Yes. Bookfell Studio uses recyclable and eco-friendly packing materials.
We take great care to ensure that all of our packaging is recyclable, including our weatherproof waxed paper and plastic wrap. Also, on occasion and where applicable, we will reuse older packaging materials, thereby further reducing the environmental burden.
Reduce, reuse and recycle.